Most people think putting a lot of effort into their physical appearance is a superficial thing to do. But is that really the case?
If you’re trying to improve your appearance by focusing mainly on things like body shaping, keeping up with the latest fashion trends, and makeup, then I see it as superficial, too.
Yet we know for a fact that people make their decisions about someone’s attractiveness based on first impressions—which usually don’t last longer than 10 seconds.
With that in mind, we might want to ask ourselves: How do we want to come across to others—and what kind of impression do we want to make?
There are two factors that significantly influence our perception of someone’s personality:
- their inner qualities
- their charisma
The key is to bring these inner attributes to the surface, so they’re visible to others.
Attributes like fitness, nutrition, and various lifestyle vices (like smoking and drinking too much alcohol) are immediately apparent. So is the way we dress.
If we don’t put much thought into what we wear, if we neglect our nails and teeth, or let our hair go for months without a visit to the salon, then we’re making a clear statement.
That statement might go something like this: “I don’t care about my appearance—you’ve got to love me for who I am on the inside!” (Provided you know who you are on the inside.)
As important as they are, our inner qualities aren’t always attractive, at least not right away. The same is true in the animal world—which we also happen to be part of. So it’s definitely worth the effort to make a good impression in an “animalistic” sense.
And how can we do this? It starts with bringing our personalities into harmony with our outward appearance.
For example, if you don’t like to wear high heels, then you won’t look good in them. But a good cosmetic treatment, just like a session with a good stylist, can work wonders.
Here are my 10 tips for maintaining an impressive appearance that can open doors:
- Try to lead a healthy lifestyle—it shows! (Check out my post BioAge: How you can lower your Biological Age
- Avoid things like alcohol and smoking.
- Take good care of your nails. Your hands and feet are a reflection of self-love!
- Get regular dental cleanings—teeth are a secondary sex characteristic!
- Visit cosmetic studios and hair salons regularly.
- Moisturize your face and neck daily—after showering, apply moisturizer to your entire body.
- Put on a little makeup, even if you’re staying home all day. This way, you’ll feel good when you look in the mirror—and build your self-esteem.
- Get advice from a professional stylist. Follow their suggestions when choosing your clothes. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to look good!
- Wear clothes that fit the occasion.
- Wear comfortable clothes that reflect who you are!
Share this post